Venue: Ice Bar
Businesses large and small are moving to the cloud to deliver new business methods, improve efficiencies, minimise risk and reduce IT expenditures. As part of this trend, many organisations are adopting a multi-cloud approach, which can offer greater control and additional cost savings over a single cloud platform. In fact, 79% of companies in a recent survey by 451 Research say they are working with more than one cloud provider, and nearly a third work with four or more cloud or hosting services.
Here at Rackspace, most of our upper mid-market and enterprise customers have a hybrid or multi-cloud environment, either by design or through changes made over time. Many of them have chosen to go with a multi-cloud environment long term, as different applications are more cost effective or efficient to run on certain cloud platforms. In either scenario, having the expertise to help strategise, plan, perform a TCO analysis, and assess which applications should reside where is critical to cost optimisation.
Join Rackspace and 15 of your peers to explore the benefits of a multi-cloud strategy and share insights and learnings regarding how to optimise and how to bring your business with you on the journey towards positive outcomes.
6:15 – 7:00 pm – Welcome Reception & Cocktails
7:00 – 7:15 pm – Introduction from Master of Ceremonies
7:15 – 7:30 pm – Keynote Speaker
7:30 – 9:50 pm – Three-course dinner complemented with table discussion points
9:150 – 10:00 pm – Wrap up and closing remarks from Rackspace
• Are the changing demands of your business and customers best suited to a multi-cloud environment?
• How a multi-cloud strategy can drive better business outcomes.
• The key components of a multi cloud strategy, and how to get started.
• Benefits vs perceived risk, shining a light on shadow IT, and how to sell multi-cloud to the board.
Lee James, CTO at Rackspace
Your Clouds. Our Expertise.
The cloud was supposed to make our lives easier. But it turns out, the cloud is complicated to build, run, maintain and manage — especially across multiple platforms and locations, with technology that’s always changing.
If it feels like the cloud has been managing you, it’s time to turn the tables.
With Rackspace by your side, you can thrive in today’s multi-cloud world. We will help you tap the power of cloud computing — across OpenStack®, AWS®, Microsoft® and VMware® technologies — without the pain, complexity and cost of doing it all yourself.
We have the expertise to support your workloads at scale across all the leading public and private clouds, whether they’re powered by AWS, Microsoft, OpenStack or VMware.
• We’re a world leader in managed hosting on dedicated servers, and we’re driving rapid innovation in the area of containers and API-accessible, instantly deployable bare-metal servers.
• We serve customers in more than 120 countries — from startups to more than half of the global enterprises in the Fortune 100.
• We host more of the world’s top 1,000 ecommerce sites than any other cloud provider.
• We employ teams of experts who specialise in managing cloud infrastructure, security, web content platforms, databases, containers, email and collaboration apps, disaster recovery and IT transformation.
• We rapidly create technical expertise at scale. In Q4 2015 alone, our AWS engineers earned over 200 technical certifications and more than 1,000 technical and business accreditations.
• We have hundreds of certifications in a broad range of technology including Cisco, MS, AWS, Red Hat and VMware.
• We hold a broad range of security, compliance and content protection certifications.
• Rackspace co-founded OpenStack and is the leading operator of OpenStack public and private clouds.