Multi-cloud as the new norm: impacting the rate of change
Venue: Churchill War Rooms
A recent Forrester survey of mid-market IT decision-makers commissioned by Rackspace showed that more than 75% of companies have been migrating workloads to the cloud for over two years now, with 65% of companies using two or more cloud vendors. Similar results have been seen from 451 Research and Rightscale surveys over the past 12 months.
The further your business goes into its cloud migration, the greater the diversity of the challenge – as well as the scale of the opportunities. So now that multi-cloud is the norm, how do you scale it effectively, and remove any remaining barriers to real velocity?
Forget the industry jargon, and join us for an evening of dinner, discussion and discovery to hear practical, frontline experience from both the experts at Rackspace and your industry peers on how they are solving these challenges.
6:00 – 6:30 pm – Welcome Reception & Cocktails
6:30 – 6:40 pm – Introduction from Master of Ceremonies
6:40 – 7:00 pm – Keynote Speaker
7:00 – 9:00 pm – Three-course dinner complemented with table discussion points
9:00 – 9:30 pm – Wrap up and closing remarks from Rackspace
- How long have you had production workloads in cloud? Is momentum stalling, steady or gaining pace?
- Is technology or a wider digital strategy driving transformation? Is there a formal programme and who leads it? Are priorities clear and well understood?
- Is your operating model for IT changing? If so, how?
- Do you see any of these challenges in your organisation, and if so how are they presenting themselves? What’s the impact?
- Lack of consistency/standards/governance for cloud deployments or production workloads in the cloud.
- Security concerns, or additional compliance scrutiny from the business relating to cloud deployments.
- Skills gaps in your workforce, training and learning pattern changes.
- Feeling of lack of confidence in understanding of the whole opportunity from cloud.
Adam Evans, Rackspace Professional Services Director
Adam is the leader of Rackspace’s Professional Services capability in EMEA, with more than 15 years experience delivering complex projects and programmes in the US, UK and Europe. His core expertise is consultancy based programme and benefits realisation management. Adam has worked as both client consultant and within vendor organisations, across cloud computing, telecommunications, the sciences and higher education. He has led Rackspace UK’s Professional Services function since 2013, dramatically growing the business through a focus on services that directly address Rackspace’s enterprise customer pain points, helping them accelerate adoption of a managed cloud model.
Your Clouds. Our Expertise.
The cloud was supposed to make our lives easier. But it turns out, the cloud is complicated to build, run, maintain and manage — especially across multiple platforms and locations, with technology that’s always changing.
If it feels like the cloud has been managing you, it’s time to turn the tables.
With Rackspace by your side, you can thrive in today’s multi-cloud world. We will help you tap the power of cloud computing — across OpenStack®, AWS®, Microsoft® and VMware® technologies — without the pain, complexity and cost of doing it all yourself.
We have the expertise to support your workloads at scale across all the leading public and private clouds, whether they’re powered by AWS, Microsoft, OpenStack or VMware.
- We’re a world leader in managed hosting on dedicated servers, and we’re driving rapid innovation in the area of containers and API-accessible, instantly deployable bare-metal servers • We serve customers in more than 120 countries — from startups to more than half of the global enterprises in the Fortune 100 • We host more of the world’s top 1,000 ecommerce sites than any other cloud provider • We employ teams of experts who specialise in managing cloud infrastructure, security, web content platforms, databases, containers, email and collaboration apps, disaster recovery and IT transformation • We rapidly create technical expertise at scale. In Q4 2015 alone, our AWS engineers earned over 200 technical certifications and more than 1,000 technical and business accreditations • We have hundreds of certifications in a broad range of technology including Cisco, MS, AWS, Red Hat and VMware • We hold a broad range of security, compliance and content protection certifications • Rackspace co-founded OpenStack and is the leading operator of OpenStack public and private clouds.