The Human Touch: Is a lack of expertise stifling your Cloud investment?
Venue: Ice Bar
Cloud computing was supposed to be simple. It was heralded as a so-called “game-changing” technology that would allow businesses to both scale quickly and operate their IT environment with greater convenience and efficiency. But as it has evolved, so has its complexity. Cloud has changed the way organisations operate for the better, but there is still one key ingredient needed to truly leverage the benefits – human expertise.
While the rise of Artificial Intelligence and automation may cause some to think that human insight is less important, the latest report commissioned by Rackspace, in collaboration with the London School of Economics shows that this is not the case. In fact, a staggering 44% of IT professionals said they spend more time managing their organisation’s cloud services than initially expected.
Large enterprises across the world are losing out on over $250,000 a year due to a lack of cloud expertise. With the cloud now underpinning business transformation, the growing technology skills gap means organisations must have a strategy to access the expertise needed. Those that don’t will struggle to be competitive and innovative.
Join Rackspace for an evening of dinner and conversation to discuss how to tackle the skills gap and maximise your cloud investments
6:00 – 6:30 pm – Welcome Reception & Cocktails
6:30 – 6:40 pm – Introduction from Master of Ceremonies
6:40 – 7:00 pm – Keynote Speaker
7:00 – 9:00 pm – Three-course dinner complemented with table discussion points
9:00 – 9:30 pm – Wrap up and closing remarks from Rackspace
- How is your organisation suffering the effects of the Cloud skills gap?
- Would having the right cloud insight bring greater innovation to your business?
Your Clouds. Our Expertise.
The cloud was supposed to make our lives easier. But it turns out, the cloud is complicated to build, run, maintain and manage — especially across multiple platforms and locations, with technology that’s always changing.
If it feels like the cloud has been managing you, it’s time to turn the tables.
With Rackspace by your side, you can thrive in today’s multi-cloud world. We will help you tap the power of cloud computing — across OpenStack®, AWS®, Microsoft® and VMware® technologies — without the pain, complexity and cost of doing it all yourself.
We have the expertise to support your workloads at scale across all the leading public and private clouds, whether they’re powered by AWS, Microsoft, OpenStack or VMware.
We’re a world leader in managed hosting on dedicated servers, and we’re driving rapid innovation in the area of containers and API-accessible, instantly deployable bare-metal servers
• We serve customers in more than 120 countries — from startups to more than half of the global enterprises in the Fortune 100
• We host more of the world’s top 1,000 ecommerce sites than any other cloud provider
• We employ teams of experts who specialise in managing cloud infrastructure, security, web content platforms, databases, containers, email and collaboration apps, disaster recovery and IT transformation
• We rapidly create technical expertise at scale. In Q4 2015 alone, our AWS engineers earned over 200 technical certifications and more than 1,000 technical and business accreditations
• We have hundreds of certifications in a broad range of technology including Cisco, MS, AWS, Red Hat and VMware
• We hold a broad range of security, compliance and content protection certifications
• Rackspace co-founded OpenStack and is the leading operator of OpenStack public and private clouds.